Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW # 24868)
1234 East Main Street, Suite 202, El Cajon, CA. 92021
My approach to therapy is collaborative, caring and warm. I am deeply committed to my clients.
A Little History About Me :
I have been in private practice from 2009 until present time. I worked at East County Mental Health Clinic from 1998 until 2010. I was a Clinical Director part time at the Chaldean Middle Eastern Social Services from 2010 until 2012. Cultural sensitivity is very important to me as a Middle Eastern Chaldean Therapist who speaks English, Arabic and Aramaic. I have been a consultant and a provider of cultural competency trainings regarding Iraqi issues and recent Iraqi refugees all over the County of San Diego since 1997.
I have facilitated Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills Training groups since 2001 until 2016. I am currently providing DBT Skills Training one on one for clients who request such treatment and those in need. I have been providing Anger Management, Educational and Supportive Groups in Arbaic for Middle Eastern Women and Men since 1998.
I employ a variety of widely researched and effective therapeutic approaches to achieve success in our work. I am passionate about helping clients free themselves from unhealthy patterns and habits, make healthy choices, learn new skills, and make lasting life changes. I am constantly seeking opportunities to develop my clinical skills through advanced training seminars in the areas such as:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Certified Gottman Method Couples' Therapist.
- Multi-Model Approach to Grief Across Life Span
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
- I am a Somatic Experiencing Assistant for all Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced training levels. I qualify to provide Individual Case Consultation for Beginning, intermediate and Advanced levels for Somatic Experiencing Students. I also qualify to proivde Somatic Experiencing Group Case Consultation to students working toward their training requirements.
- EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist. I attend a monthly EMDRIA Regional meeting and EMDR Study group. I am EMDRIA approved Consultant and I provide individual case consultation for EMDR students in the process of becoming EMDR Certified Therapist. I am a Truama Recovery, EMDR Humanitarian Assistnace Programs Part I and Part II Trainer Training Program. I am also a Trauma Recovery/ EMDR HAP Facilitator.
- Domestic Violence Counseling
I am offering counseling in a private practice for individuals dealing with issues of trauma, mood disorders, low self-esteem, anxiety disorders, grief, family conflicts, parenting, marriage problems, anger, and addictions.
Men, women, adults, elderly, family, and couples are welcome to receive counseling.
Please call me, Bernadette Talia, LCSW at (619) 438-6150, so I can learn about what changes you (or you dear one) want to accomplish. I will be very eager to help you reach those goals.
For more detailed info about my Specilties, Education Accomplishments, and Recognitions , go to >